Type 700 rigid frame75 ft. aerial truck from Baldwin, NY and Lynnfield, MA. 1955. Acquired 2000.
The volunteers of Baldwin, New York put this Model 700 aerial truck into service in their Long island town in 1955. Twenty years later they sold it to the town of Lynnfield, Massachusetts. In 2000 the town of Lynnfield donated the truck to the Hall of Flame. Its 45 years of front line service is a testimony to the quality of its design and construction. learn More
Seagrave “Anniversary Model” Quad Fire EngineBuilt in 1955. Ex- Oak Lawn, Acquired in 2002.
Seagrave introduced this engine in 1951, the company’s 75th year of operation, and named it the Anniversary Model. It was intended to compete with American La France’s radical cab forward / midship engine Type 700 , but the Anniversary Model differed little from its predecessors of the 1930s and 40s beyond styling. learn More
ERF/HCB-Angus Pump EscapeEnglish. 1968. Acquired in 2003. Hampshire Car Body
Angus built over 6,500 pieces of fire apparatus during its 61 years of existence between 1933 and 1994. The firm built this rig for the fire service of Nottinghamshire. It served the town of Retford until its retirement around 1980. It was eventually owned by Mr. And Mrs. Peter Eichorn, who donated the rig to the museum in August of 1998. learn More
Gallery III is closest to the Hall of Flame’s parking lot, so it displays many of the pieces which are used in local parades and other off site events. It includes a novel 1967 English ERF fire engine from the town of Retford in Nottinghamshire. Two other spectacular pieces both date from 1955 – a huge Seagrave “quad” fire engine from Oak Lawn, Illinois, and an equally large American La France aerial truck from Baldwin, New York.